Thursday, February 13, 2014

Life of Pi or Am I Still Alive...With Meerkats

Saw "Life of Pi" the other day on the Home Box Office. My wife the deal broker got us hooked up. I have to admit I thought it was really good. I also have to admit I've never read the book. Shamefaced if you could see it now.

Another Ang Lee movie I've heard a lot of muttering about.  Hey, stupid Hollywood people.  If you don't want an Ang Lee movie, don't hire Ang Lee to direct your movie? However, if you're going to shoot a movie about a boy alone on a boat with a ravenous Bengal tiger, he's your guy. He's not going to direct a Michael Bay clone for you or a film by Clint Eastwood.  Although Eastwood and Lee have a lot more in common stylistically than either of them have with Michael Bay. Meh, Michael Bay.


Anyway, I can't say anything about the movie. Don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't seen it and are curious. You wouldn't relate if I just tried describing it to you. That is the nature of this beast the Internet.  I could tell you two stories about the movie, and you could decide which one you liked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment