Wednesday, August 7, 2013

After my last post to this blog kind of took a peculiarly maudlin swerve the other night, I told my wife I was thinking of not blogging anymore.

After all, too many of us blog these days.  Often as not, it isn't anything that earth shatteringly interesting anyway.  This I will be the first to confess.

Since then, I have to say, I have been thinking a lot about the blog.  To paraphrase something a good friend of mine said when we were both much more involved in poetry slams; "When you're out of the Blog, all you can think about is getting back into the Blog." (I just substituted blog for "slam" as I am sure you've guessed already).

I picked up my pen again this morning and sketched a little something that looks like it might belong in a storybook by A. A. Milne.  My little blogging monster has come home with his handkerchief tied with a stick.  I wonder what a blog monster would have wrapped in an old handkerchief tied to a stick.  We may never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment